3-2-1 Shortbread Recipe
The shortbread is friends with everyone and so this makes it a perfect sweet treat.
The recipe is super simple, a 3-2-1 ratio gives a superb shortbread.
This recipe makes approximately 15 pieces.
3oz sieved plain flour
2oz cold diced unsalted butter
1oz caster sugar
1. Put everything in a bowl and rub into a fine crumb, make sure it's well mixed. Sieving the flour helps with this.
2. Use a little more force to bring the ingredients together. Don't work the dough just bring it together.
3. Roll the mixture in to an even sausage shape, wrap in cling film and put in the fridge to rest for a couple of hours.
4. Pre-heat oven to 130oC fan/140oC normal oven.
5. Slice the dough into discs the same thickness as a pound coin, this doesn't have to be super exact so don't get the tape measure out!
6. Put the discs on a baking tray lined with baking parchment.
7. Bake for about 25 minutes. The shortbread should be pale, almost white. They should not be golden or even worse brown! If they appear to be taking on colour turn your oven down by 10oC.
8. When they feel firm to the touch (but not hard, they are over cooked if the feel hard!) and they've had about 25 minutes take them out and dust them with some more caster sugar
9. Make a cup of tea.
10. Once cooled, enjoy!